Detecting and distinguishing cardiac-pacing artifacts
Buried in noise and larger cardiac signals, the artifacts of a pacemaker are difficult to spot. The methodology presented here can help diagnosticians read between the lines of an ECG strip.
By John Kruse and Catherine Redmond
Signal-integrity issues on the rise
Our virtual panel shares eye-opening advice for anticipating, detecting, and mitigating SI problems in faster, increasingly complex designs.
By Janine Love
Why your 4.7-µF ceramic cap becomes a 0.33-µF cap
An investigation into temperature and voltage variations in X7R capacitors underscores the importance of data sheets.
By Mark Fortunato
- An improved offline driver lights an LED string
- Low-duty-cycle LED flasher keeps power draw at 4 mW
- Rotary encoder with absolute readout offers high resolution and low cost
- Two-IC circuit combines digital and analog signals to make multiplier circuit
- Current loop transmits ac measurement
Geographic Eligibility: USA (Print or Digital Version), Canada, Mexico & Selected International (Digital Version Only)
About EDN (Electrical Design News) Magazine:
EDN Magazine is most authoritative technical voice in electronic design. The magazine provides how-to solutions for design engineers in the electronics industry.