Optimizing operating life for LED-based lightbulbs
LED bulbs promise 25 years of service, provided designers manage temperature, reliability, and dimming control. The key to success is the driver implementation.
- Charge a nickel-cadmium cell reliably and inexpensively
- 58 Control your holiday lights with a magic wand
- 60 Regulate a 0 to 500V, 10-mA power supply in a different way
- 62 Linear and switcher LED supplies combine, overcome disadvantages of each topology
- 64 Technique maximizes converter efficiency
- DSOs, MSOs let you use your tablet for display, control
- Microchip elevates HMI design with e-field-based 3-D gesture-recognition chip
- GainSpan simplifies wireless audio with audio app dev kit
- Nanofabrication yields usable bandgap for graphene-based electronics
- Voices: Hybrid instruments and RF over fiber, viewed from 30,000 feet
Geographic Eligibility: USA (Print or Digital Version), Canada, Mexico & Selected International (Digital Version Only)
About EDN (Electrical Design News) Magazine:
EDN Magazine is most authoritative technical voice in electronic design. The magazine provides how-to solutions for design engineers in the electronics industry.